Sunday, 11 September 2011

Lewes Outplay Aveley

Malcolm rounds of the scoring
Lewes made a few changes to the side that could only draw 2-2 with Hendon on non league day with Hamilton coming in to the side replacing captain Steve Robinson with Sterling filling in the role at centre back and Melvin Kamara taking the arm band for the day. Dwayne Lee was also brought in over Hakeem Adelakun for his experience in the middle and Nanetti was given his home debut ahead over Aaron Watson in a game he won't forget quickly.

The tiny figure of Nanetti lead the way as Lewes were clyinical in the finish to put 4 goals past Aveley sending them in to the play off places on goal difference ahead of Wingate.

A few minutes gone and Lewes had a free kick in a dangerous position from 20 yards out. Nanetti and Michael Malcolm both loomed over the ball and the latter sent a curling free kick looping over the wall and forced a great diving save from the impressive Aveley keeper.

The early pressure paid off and Lewes had the lead just gone the ten minute mark when a dodgy back pass to Stuart Robinson was sent flying down field just missing an Aveley player. However it turned out in Lewes's favour as Booth teared through the middle of the park beating his marker for pace and running in to the box and somehow getting the ball around the goalkeeper who had got down and spread himself well at Booth's feet.

However the game became a lot more open and Aveley were nearly level when they managed to turn Lewis Hamilton, making his first start since injury, and cut inside the Lewes box. The ball was squared neatly to Johnson but he smashed his shot well over the cross bar in a miss that would prove to be costly.

Lewes created a near identical chance to doube their lead when Michael Malcolm was sent running down the left. He managed to turn his defender and make a straight line in to the box from the left hand side where he feinted a shot tricking the defender before floating a perfect ball straight to Nic Ciardini unmarked at the back bost in line with the penalty spot. Ciardini opened his bank with a delightfulk header which was cushened off his head and curled into the top corner avoiding the keeper desperate dive.

Ciardini was clearly hungry for more and was silky to get down the left hand side dinking his was one way and then the other past a defender before driving a shot at goal which was again well kept out down low by Mccartney in the Aveley goal. The resulting corner then saw Max Hustwick have a header saved off the line.

Nanetti was responable for the next chance as he played his way past not one but two defenders before teasing with another just outside the area before cutting inside on to his left foot and sending a fantastic ball into Booth who was waiting free at the back post but mis kicked his volley and the ball scattered away leading to nothing.

To really end the first half on a high Lewes broke away once more leaving the Aveley defence in tatters making it easy for Malcolm to slip Nanetti through on goal where he neatly netsled the ball into the bottom of the net making it 3-0 to Lewes at half time.

Lewes started a bit shaky in the second half and gave Aveley a bit of hope when some lapse defending allowed Stanley to have a close range shot but he somehow managed to drag the shot wide.

However Lewes were soon back in to their stride and Nanetti had decided to return the favour from Malcolm by sending through Malcolm on goal however Malcolm second touch perhaps went a little further because of the increasingly wet pitch and the ball was smothered up by the keeper, it didn't look like it was going to be Malcolms day.

It was Nanetti who was again impressing when a free kick was given in a similar position to the one Malcolm took in the first, this time it was Nanetti who stepped up to take the shot and curled it around the wall where the goalkeeper still managed to get a very important hand on it despite being unsighted by the wall.

Another clear chance was let slip by Lewes when Ciardini sent in a corner which somehow found Dwayne Lee without a marker but he sent his completly free header onto the cross bar but he had the goalkeeper well beaten.

Lewes continued to search for a 4th and it was a wonder as to how they didn't get one when captain kamara came forward down the right hand side and sent a great cross in which found Nanetti who decided to send a volley in first time which was met by a incredible save from the Aveley keeper at his right hand side bottom corner to deny Nanetti a second.

However once again the Lewes defence went to sleep with just a couple of minutes to go allowing Hyde to clip and beautifully weighted ball to Morgan who calmly slotted the ball home on the half volley for nothing more than a consalation goal.

However it wouldn't prove to be much of a consalation as the goal pushed Lewes on to retain their three goal winning margin when Malcol found himself completly hrough on goal and calmly stepped around the keeper and walked the ball in to the net.


Robinson, Kamara, Hustwick, Sterling, Hamilton, Nanetti (March 86), Somner, Lee (Adelakun 76), Ciardini (Watson 72), Malcolm, Booth.
Unused Subs: Draycott, Pringle.
Booked: None.


McCartney, Andrews, Harrison, Ngakam (Russell 27), Wilson, Morgan, Bonnet-Johnson, Hyde, Hewitt (May 53), Stanley (Wharton 67), Remy.
Unused Subs: Warren, Francis.
Booked: Ngakam, Wilson, Russell.

Referee: Mr P Lavelle

Attendance: 601

No comments:

Post a Comment