Sunday 19 June 2011

Ba Bye West Ham

West Ham have sold striker Demba Ba to Newcastle just one day after Kevin Nolan made the switch the other way . Ba is 26 and played for West Ham 13 times, scoring 7 goals before completing the switch to Newcastle.
Didn't stay long

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: "Demba made a great impression at West Ham last season and is a great signing for the club.

"He has pace, excellent technical ability, is good in the air."

It was well known that Newcastle boss Pardew wanted a striker having sold Andy Carrol to Liverpool for £35 million in January.

The Magpies boss added: "And, it goes without saying, [Demba] has the ability to consistently find the back of the net.

"Moreover he has a great passion to play for Newcastle United."

Stoke were set to sign Ba but a knee injury prevented him as he failed a Stoke medical, however the physio's at Newcastle deemed him fit enough to sign and so Newcastle have taken the risk. Ba only signed for West Ham in January but moved on as he had a release clause in his contract that meant if he was relegated he could leave, and West Ham were relegated at the end of the season, allowing Ba to join Newcastle.

"Everything has been sorted out and now I'm happy because I can start to focus on playing and scoring goals for Newcastle," Ba stated.

"This is a great club and a very good team so to sign here was an easy choice to make.

"I have spoken to [winger] Hatem [Ben Arfa] about the club and he told me how happy he is here and how big Newcastle are so I'm really happy and I can't wait to start playing.

"I know a lot of famous strikers have played here before and I will do my best to win games for the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment