Thursday 16 June 2011

Nolan No Longer At Newcastle

West Ham's New Man
West Ham have made a big signing as they attempt to get back in to the Premier league. they have signed Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan. He has signed a 5 year deal at the club.

Nolan played under Hammers boss Alardyce at Bolton and has now linked up with him again to try and lead West Ham back to the premier league.

"Having the chance to link up with Sam again is a massive thing," said Nolan on the West Ham website.
"West Ham have shown a certain hunger and desire to make sure that I became their player."

Newcastle had wanted to keep Nolan and he was happy to stay there but Newcastle couldn't offer him a long enough contract whereas the Hammer were willing to offer him a five year deal.

"I am aware that the club made Kevin a good offer to stay, but could not agree over the contract," Magpies manager Alan Pardew told the Shields Gazette.

"I would like to thank Kevin for his sterling efforts as a player and captain of this club, especially since I took over last season.

"He displayed admirable leadership qualities, and I wish him every success at West Ham. It's a great club and I'm sure he will thrive there."

Nolan has promised that he will repay the faith West Ham have put in him to offer him such a long deal. Nolan is expected to be the Hammers captain for the next season as he was for Newcastle as he lead them to Championship victory under manager Chris Hughton.

"The be all and end all was that this club wanted me and the owners put faith in me and have given me a security of contract," added Nolan.

"Now it's my time to repay them and hopefully I will do that.

"I'm very sad to leave Newcastle but I'm coming to another massive club in my eyes, and hopefully I can be as successful as I was there [at Newcastle].

"I've come to West Ham because of the tradition of the club and everything about it. I've always enjoyed playing at Upton Park."

Nolan does have an ankle injury at the moment but he expected to be fine for pre season training. The midfielder managed to score 12 goals for Newcastle in the Premier league last season. Nolan joined Newcastle from Bolton for £4million in 2009. It is thought Newcastle have got all their money back and that West Ham also paid £4 million for him although the fee is undisclosed.

Faye has also been signed for West Ham from Premier league side Stoke City.

No comments:

Post a Comment